7.1.12

Bye Bye, Little Nugget

Hey guys -
    Just a quick post to let y'all know that Mariella, my little rat, died today.

It was kind of a shock, because for the past few days she'd been getting much better, it seemed. She was gaining weight, she was being feisty, and she seemed more energetic. However, overnight, something went really wrong - maybe something gave out. I don't really know, and I don't understand, but today she was very limp and couldn't move at all. Luckily my roommate and I got back in time to be with her when she died.

Anyways, at least she isn't suffering anymore. I want to say a BIG thank-you to all of the friends and family that have helped me take care of her this past week. Giving me suggestions, buying her food, helping me feed her, showing me how to give her medicine...thank-you for all the sweet texts, emails, and comments. And thank-you for your prayers.

I'm pretty sure that there isn't any Biblical basis for a pet heaven, but if there was, I'm also sure Mariella would be in it. She was the bomb diggity. She hated being held, she was insanely squirmy, she was very good at running on the wheel, and she loved stealing food from her much bigger cage mate, McFly. She was extremely nosy, but simultaneously cautious. Also, she had a horrible sense of balance. It was really adorable and endearing.

My sweet little nugget is gone.

-bRob

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, B. She was an awesome rat, and I know you'll really miss her. You're in my prayers. :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...