31.12.11

Much Too Young


I went through an extensive country music phase in middle school, sandwiched between my oldies and Stevie Wonder phases. While there is a large portion of country music I find veritably unnerving, I appreciate what a music connoisseur such as myself would consider “classic country.” This is one of those classics. I will never remember the name or the artist or that this song even exists, but whenever it pops up on the radio I find myself singing the chorus, missing nary a word.


At the age of young twenty-something, I find myself relating entirely too much to this song. Granted, part of it may be the cold that is robbing me of every ounce of energy, coupled with the fact that I ran [read: jogged] for the first time in months [read: a year] and my shins and quads are exacting revenge, but as this song twanged [?] from the radio, I felt so weary. Also I found another juicy gray hair today. At the age of young twenty-something.

I sat there and pondered what to do when you already feel old and tired at the age of young twenty-something. When you feel exhausted and weary and you’re not even old enough to rent a car. And then I thought about restoration and renewal and how the LORD promises to renew our youth like the eagle's (Psalm 103:5). 


“but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.”
Isaiah 40:31 

Some days I think we all feel old, weary, and sapped, no matter the state of our physical bodies. On those days, remember that hope, renewal, restoration, rejuvenation, [these words make me feel like I’m at a spa] – in their purest state – they came from the Lord.

-bRob 

3 comments:

  1. this is good and needful.... that's all I can say! oh and can we go to a spa sometime in the near future? I need a massage bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to steal the word "rejuvenate" from me, brob. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenee: HECK YES! I have never been to a spa before, but I am pretty sure it is the exact sort of thing that would make me feel like the princess I am =)

    @j: I tried so hard to give you credit for that. It's in Frau W.'s hands now.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...