20.9.11

The Last Time I Do Anything Domestic Ever

Ingredients

6 Medium Size Potatoes
2 - 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
30 g Butter
Maldon Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Recipe and photo: 
Seasaltwithfood via pinterest

Bless my little heart, I tried cooking again. This doesn't look too hard, does it? It's a glorified baked potato, for crying out loud.

Somehow, I managed to mess it up...badly.

First off, cloves of garlic? Who do they think I am, Buffy the Vampire slayer? Why on earth would I have three cloves of garlic just laying around?  My potatoes will be smothered in garlic powder, and they will like it. And Sea Salt? Name one college student who stocks up on sea salt...That is not any kind of go-to staple item. Potato, you will be sprinkled with regular cheap-y salt. And finally, freshly ground pepper...
As. If.

I was hoping, against the odds and every single other cooking experience I've had ever, that this potato might still somehow manage to be delicious. 

But now, as I reread the recipe, I suddenly notice why it took about 3 hours to cook one measly potato. The directions say to place the tater in the oven at 220 degrees...
celsius.

I ignored the Fahrenheit part right there in parentheses.

That potato was doomed from the get-go.

It's a good thing I have engineering and my good looks to fall back on, because I simply can't cut it in the world of domesticity.

(Believe it or not though, I've actually gotten really good at making the toast with the egg in the middle!)


-bRob



2 comments:

  1. Word, Domestic-ness is not easy. I've actually gotten okay at throwing a bunch of things together and it be edible, but I'm not always great at following recipes to the T. I typically edit them a lot too. lol. Note, that grocery stores do sell these little jars or diced up garlic, such a good deal, lasts forever and no more cutting up garlic.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah I'm glad we're agreed. I know - I felt so dumb afterwards when I remembered I could have bought minced garlic.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...