27.8.11

Cinderella Castle


FINALLY, a castle that is actually a castle. 

Erin and I spent my last day in Deutschland touring the lovely Neuschwanstein castle.
Also, the inside of the castle was not that glamorous. Partially because it was never completed because king whatshisface died. Ah, schade.

The famous "Neuschwanstein" Castle, which at one point housed Louie the Somethingth. I think.
Better known [?] as the Cinderella Castle.

The King [or duke? no, I think it was a king...i think.] was pretty obsessed with some swans.
Me, I would probably pick a fiercer castle mascot. Like maybe a liger. 

Gettin artsy.
And I don't really know why there's a giant awkward lump of rock growing off the side of the castle.

"While eating and drinking, one should not forget God." [it rhymes in German]

I am super proud of myself for translating that, because it is not written in modern German, but rather some archaic German. Or just really bad German. Who knows? [Not this chica.]

Erin and her shingles!
Shingles, by the way, is not an STD, in case you were confused like I was.

"Hey Hon, we're going hiking up a really steep hill to see a castle in the hot hot heat today!"
"Oh sweet I'll put on my special occasion outfit."
Black leather is super appropriate for everything.

The castles were situated on a mountain overlooking the most beautiful blue lake.

Rowing on the lake. 

A shack?
You should know that it is super against the rules to take pictures on the inside of the castle.

But I am both clever and sneaky, so I did it anyways.

Until the tour guide lady yelled super loudly at me.
In front of a group 50 odd tourists.
Yeah, that was a little bit awkward and embarrassing for me.

And probably for Erin. Probably.

This "effect" is called cinema scope.
I like it. Though it doesn't really seem castle-y.

And on the way back from the castle, Erin and I stopped to look at the world's largest KFC, located in Munich. It has its own parking deck.
You are a little jealous, aren't you?
What a special way to end my summer in Europe.

-bRob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...