19.7.11

Oxford Comma

I just realized I've only posted four posts for all of July. While I blame 93% on my snail-paced internet, I do apologize for being a Lamesauce McGuffigan.

You guys know how much of a grammar fiend I am, so I thought I'd reblog this.
And also up my post count for July.




Food for thought. via as lovely as a dream

I've always chosen to use the oxford comma. It looks much less haphazard, I think...

Real post later.
Probably about some incrediCool trip I just took...

suspense.

-bRob

2 comments:

  1. Ew. I never use that comma. It seems to slow the sentence down too much, like
    "eggs....toast.......and orange juice........."
    (ellipsis added for dramatic effect)
    whereas "eggs, toast and orange juice" speeds the sentence on, more like
    "WOOO EGGS TOAST AND ORANGE JUICE YAAAAAY"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like you to know that Jesse and I were discussing the Oxford Comma just yesterday and came to the conclusion that we wholeheartedly agree! It takes all the confusion out of the sentence and clears things up nicely :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...