19.7.11

Grease

**So I just realized I should be compressing my pictures so they upload faster. Sometimes I find myself most embarrassing.

This past weekend Erin and I went to visit...

Greece!

It's been a dream of mine to visit Greece for a while now, and I'm so excited I got this opportunity. I figured I'd share some of my pics with you, but know that I am also trying to up my pathetic July post count.





Landing in Athens.


A makeshift bed on the 8-hr overnight ferry to Santorini. 
I really wanted to visit one of the islands, and I'm glad we were able to make it work..
Even though almost 14 hours of ferries on top of 5 hrs of flight is pretty exhausting for one weekend...
__________________________

After we checked into our hotel on the island, Erin and I decided to do a volcano + hot springs tour. I was worried about taking my camera to the hot springs, so I did not take any pictures.

I could kick myself.

The hot springs were not as hot as I was thinking, but you should know that the water is SO blue around the islands. And the volcano was...very rocky. But I hiked it all the way to the top in flip flops, so I'm proud.
_________________________



We went to Oia for dinner and the sunset. 
I'd heard that Oia, on the Caldera, is the best place to see the sunset.

Also, sorry for dressing like a scanty hobo. We wanted to keep our bathing suits on for the day because we weren't sure what time we'd head out to the beach.


I decided to be adventurous and try the stuffed calamari.

It was disgusting.

Adventure fail.




Gute idee.


 Sunsets take a lot longer than you might think...










This picture doesn't really even begin to illustrate how crowded it was.

Erin and I got there about 45 minutes probably before the sun began to set, and we had amazing seats. We spent the next two hours being shoved around by obnoxious Europeans vying for our spot.

Including a lady with a larger behind clad in leopard-print spandex who kept trying to butt-push me out of her way. 

Whoah now, tiger.


Rooftop romance. 

Pfft.


We wanted to go for a late night swim on Santorini's famous black beach, Perissa, but the water was just a bit too nippy...

So we opted to get cocktails and sip them on the beach instead. 


25 Euros will get you... a bed.


Sunrise in Fira


We had to take a taxi back down to the port in the morning...
we were kind of hoping this was it.
It wasn't.


We got back to Athens in time to spend a couple of hours around the city before our flight.

Only it was a bazillion degrees and I think we both finally snapped a little and stopped caring about old stuff.

Pictured above: something old.

I think the Agora, maybe? Note the fluted columns. In Art History, I had to memorize all the different types of Grecian columns. I've since forgotten them.




We were in a much better mood after we ate food.

Sorry the pictures aren't so high in quality, but at least they are all here.

Be sure to check out Erin's blog, Ich weiss nicht, to see more pictures as well as get her take on the trip.

-bRob

PS I'm so seriously sunburnt it isn't even funny. I just kind of lie there in my bed trying not to move...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...