13.6.11

Of Great Inconsequence

I just came across this article: Syrian Lesbian Blogger is Revealed Conclusively to be a Married Man. I mentioned the alleged kidnapping of the blogger in my latest techniColor post, and I felt it would be remiss to not follow up with this news. If this article is to be believed, whatever his intentions were, I don't know how the author could have been so irresponsible.

Moving on, InterWebs, you have no idea how many times I begin curating a techniColor post [is it pretentious to say curating?], and I have to stop myself from including pictures I want to ridicule. I know, you're thinking, but bRob, you're always so sweet, how could you? I hate to shatter the illusion, but I have been actively fighting this urge to share a picture with you and say "oh, how ridiculous", or "that looks disgusting" or "for real? Why?" Also - I'm currently becoming embittered by the misuse of typography to make dumb and trite quotes look significant.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, I honestly try to remember that it is neither classy nor considerate to rip other peoples' work apart, and so I'll be kind and keep my superfluous negative comments to myself.

Except for this one:
marie claire maison
Apartment Therapy published an article on sloped ceilings, and I'm a huge fan of sloped ceilings. But this room terrifies me. Why would you ever decorate with disembodied heads...? I actually had a lot more to say about this room, but I decided to stop before I get in trouble.

Whew. That's out of my system. We'll go back to my sweet and kind facade.

I had to take my cat to the vet today. She stays at home with my parents when I'm away being a big girl engineer, and apparently she's seventeen years old, which is actually past the normal life expectancy of a cat. It broke my heart, a little bit, to see how much slower she has gotten, and when I found out her nails had been hurting her because they'd grown into her pads, I began to cry [which, if you recall, is not something I like to do].

I may be one of those people who makes milestones out of things that don't really deserve to be considered milestones, but this felt like a big kid moment for me. Having to make decisions about paying for certain things for an animal that's nearing the end (blood tests), trying to weigh the benefits of taking her back to school with me, which could further stress her heart, being gentle around a frail and tired creature...what began as a simple nail-clipping turned into this really difficult ordeal.

On an unrelated note, here are some pictures from taking the smelly dog beast out for a walk. None of them are that interesting, but I figured I'd dump them here for your...viewing pleasure?


ugly dog

no cows in the meadow =(
(original pic)
(edited pic)
playing around with saturation, temperature, and exposure

railroad
I find it endlessly amusing that if you walk three minutes outside of my neighborhood and take pictures from a certain angle, you might think I live in a rural country area. I don't, not at all. I, or my parents, rather, live in soccer mommyville.

Also, my sister wanted me to take this picture too:

sunsets

I hope your Monday wasn't incredibly Mondayish.

-bRob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...