14.6.11

Kit-kit-kit-kitty Cat

^^^Is that how one talks to a cat?

I don't really know. I always talk to her like she is a high-functioning adult, because I don't want to inhibit her speech capabilities.

Oh wait, she's a cat.

Anyways - I thought I would snap a couple pictures of my cat, Dorothy. I got her when I was around five years old. I was on a big Wizard of Oz kick back then.

When I was around twelve, I tried to convince my mom we should change her name.
My mom wouldn't let me.

see cat eat

cat wants tuna
I tried to have a [wet hair] photoshoot with Dorothy. Obviously one of us was more focused on the task at hand. 

I iz majeztik

We tried to cuddle on the couch.  She's actually a fairly decent cuddler.



You know what, InterWebs? I always thought I was a dog person. I really really did. 

But I'm learning I have waaaaay more in common with cats. We both like to wallow in blankets on the couch. We both like to be spoonfed great food. Her Highness would prefer tuna, I'm more of a cookie dough gal myself. We both don't care if we're all up in your way as we lay in awkward positions all over the couch.

But mostly we both just like sleeping and wallowing and gracing you with condescending glances.
I might just be a cat person after all.

-bRob

5 comments:

  1. I agree, cats are awesome. I actually just adopted my own little guy this past saturday. His names Merlin, and he's the prettiest black cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are nice once trained but cats come from the factory pre trained for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I can't wait to see pictures!! Are you worried about your rats + cat interacting??

    Lamp shade - I have a smelly ugly beast's worth of proof that training doesn't necessarily make a dog nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and merlin is an awesome name!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He doesn't seem interested in the rats, but I have them up high enough, that he can't really see whats inside the cage. They were a little scared the first day or two, but now also don't seem interested in him.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...