9.3.11

Missing teeth while fighting zombies during my break

Wut up, InterWebs?
   I'm updating simply because I haven't in...foreverish.

I'm home on break. I kind of wish I was doing something exciting - but apparently it was of utmost importance that some of my teeth be yanked out of my face before they ... warp my mouth?

Crossing over a very mild stream. very mild.
I was bored on Monday - so I went hiking. Are you so so impressed by my initiative? Spending my spare time hiking? It was meant to be my Sabbath hike. The Bible commands us to Sabbath - so I went on a hike, as odd as this sounds, to rest. I'm not sure I've got the hang of Sabbath-ing quite yet, but I suppose practice makes perfect. Here are some pics from my seemingly-neverending jaunt (the last 3 miles of the 7 mile hike were what did me in...).





Look how hardcore I am.


It was not a very pretty hike...and when I got to the top, ice kept melting/crashing and I kind of felt like my life was in danger, which makes this sign all the more real and scary. Ja?

I have yet to master the art of layering when camping/hiking/running in cold weather. Do any of you know what I mean? You know how, when you go hiking in cold weather, every appendage threatens to fall off due to frostbite, so you and Michelin tire man have a puff-off and see who can pack on the most layers. Only three miles into your jog/hike, you begin to hate every single layer and start stripping like it's your job. So you're sweaty and down to a t-shirt and shorts, and then a breeze blows, and suddenly the sweat, which was once so hot and gross, is now conspiring with the wind to give you a mile case of hypothermia. And then all the layers come back on for two more minutes until the next big sweaty hill comes along.

Before I started stripping I was wearing this adorable hat seen here - my sweet friend Darcie made it for me. Isn't it precious?
This picture might be more acceptable if I told you it was taken immediately after my wisdom teeth extraction. Unfortunately, it was the day before. No, dear InterWebs, that is simply how my face looks.

Speaking of my wisdom teeth removal...all I remember is them putting the laughing gas on. And then I started freaking out because the IV was coming next. Dr. WhatsHisFace told me to take five deep breaths, so of course I began to hyperventilate into my masky thing and that's all I remember. One day later, I'm not even in any pain. I tried to milk it for all it was worth yesterday, but either I'm not very good at whining [hahahahHAH] or my parents aren't all that nurturing. I'll let you decide who is at fault ;)
So last weekend, due to poor planning and an ill-timed nap, I ended up staying at my apartment instead of coming home. I have this slightly bizarre fear of the woods right outside my complex, especially at night. Between M. Night Shyamalan's (yummy:) the Village and AMC's The Walking Dead marathon that was on, there was NO way I was leaving my apartment alone. However, I had a strong craving for diet coke and cookie dough - my go-to comfort food. Between zombie commercial breaks and me running from the room in sheer terror from the living room, I complained to my dear friend about how hungry I was. Bless her heart, she went ahead and decided to shut me up by bringing me:
Molly - you're the bombin'ist. This girl came all the way to my apartment so I didn't have to face the cruel zombies lurking in the woods while crossing the road to the grocery store. You know, once I had a nightmare about zombies. They broke in to my really adorable apartment in Charleston (dare to dream), and they were lumbering around my living room. My roommate and I tried to play it cool and pretend to be zombies too, but eventually the deadbeats (hah - see what I just did?) attacked and started eating my brains. And then I woke up and went to work.

I'm reading approximately 5 books right now: Mere Christianity, Calm Your Anxious Heart, I Dared to Call Him Father, Same Kind of Different as Me, and, given my recent change in summer plans (hint hint), I've picked up my German Bible again. I'm really excited about all of them - I'll share more when I'm further along.

Alright - off to do whatever it is I'm doing today. I am *hoping* it involves Chinese food, smoothies, a new pair of boots, a new skirt, the Big Bang theory, and maybe typing that paper for the co-op office that was due around two months ago.
hah.

-bRob


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...