5.2.11

Who are the Glitter Ponies?

 Sarah's soccer team. Oh don't worry, InterWebs, I thought it was a strip club too. Am I allowed to say that? I guess that isn't particularly family friendly....ok, it won't happen again.

Here is yesterday, in a nutshell:

8:28 I leave my apt for the bus. Then I realize it's raining. So I run up a bazillion stairs and head back to my apartment to grab my umbrella. But figuring out all my keys is going to take forever...so I don't go in. I run back down a bazillion stairs and march boldly into the rain. Even though my hair looks really cute.

9:10am - Lab. Lab is only ten minutes long. Why...couldn't I have stayed in bed?

9:25 Instead of going back to bed, my lab partner wanted to begin working on our project due next week. So I spend the next three hours designing a wheel hub in SolidWorks with my lab buddy Carrie. Oh, believe me, InterWebs, it's a bangin' wheel hub. And it's perfect for sandcasting. Not to toot my own horn or anything. But secretly I still wanted to go back to bed.

12:20 Lunch at my new fave[orite] restaurant, Mitch's. Honestly, I think half the fun is the fact that you have to climb a set of stairs to get the restaurant.And it's so full of personality. But seriously, all my favorite restaurants require you walk up a sketchy narrow set of stairs. Maybe it makes it feel exclusive?


Black Bean Chili

Mitch's. Isn't it so cool? So much personality!
So, I really wanted to include a picture of Sarah here. But it was not for lack of trying...blogger wouldn't let me. I ate lunch with her, and she looked adorable, and I wanted to show you all, but her picture kept uploading sideways. Sorry, Webs.

Look - the balcony! Isn't that cute? And you can look over and watch the students scurrying about campus. I wanted to include another picture...blogger messed that one up too. >:[

2:30 - 6:30 Dillydally. Watch Parks and Rec. Then start typing my application for XXXXXX. I can't tell you yet, InterWebs. Maybe if I get in, but for now, it's kind of top secret.

7:00 Go over to Molly's. Eat lentils and rice. Have a jam session to old school Beatle's music. She plays a guitar that misses a string, I sing. Badly.

7:05  Molly refuses to be in pictures for my blog. I don't know why; it's such a worthy cause!

7:45 Get bored. We decide to head over to the cupcake shoppe.

8:00 Cupcake shoppe is closed. We head over to the mall. The mall is busy. I also almost yelled at some hootchie mamas in their leggings and uggs that cut Molly and I off, and then just stood in our way. Like, we had to stop walking and finally told them to move. I thought about punching them, but I figured that's the sort of thing Jesus wouldn't really condone.

8:30 After a nice jaunt through the mall, we find warm cookies to eat. Yum.

8:45 Walk back to our car. After leaving the mall, Molly almost killed us twice. Both times by turning into the wrong lane. Thanks, girl. You remind me how fragile life is.

9:00 Get our geek on at Barnes and Noble.

10 - 11:30 Watch 30 Rock and point out Liz Lemon's redeeming qualities. Oh, and facebook stalk.

That was about it for yesterday. Today, I went running a lot of miles (um, 2.5) and then MADE QUESADILLAS!!!! OH MY goodness, please be as impressed as I am. I had to brown meat AND heat up beans.
     Future husband - I'm really trying to learn how to cook. But honestly, how about we just  make enough money so we can eat out all the time? Or you could cook for me? We'll talk.

This is my serious cooking face.
You HAVE to admit that looks really good, right? NOT EVEN BURNT!



I have also been wanting to show you the view from my window. It's kind of cool, because I've got trees AND a sidewalk, and across the street is a shopping center. I can people watch [stalk] all day long! I really enjoy it.


If you get anything from this post, it's that I can't use a camera. Don't hate - I really tried.

-bRob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...