8.2.11

Things That Go Bump in the Night

   Tonight was creepy, InterWebs [...and Insomniacs].
 Just for context: I am a library regular. Seriously, I'm in there every night from early evening/afternoon until the breaking of dawn. So I generally like to find a parking spot near the 'brary, so I don't have to walk too far when it gets scary out. Which it does...at 3am.
Well, tonight, there was absolutely no parking. Apparently, everyone and his mother's brother's ex-girlfriend thought it was time to hang out in the library. I don't know who all these fool kids think they are, but they are NOT library regulars, like me. Seriously, WHERE is my V.I.P. parking?? Anyways - I had to park way out in the boonies in a pile of shrubbery that has never seen the light of day. Megacreepy. I think I just violated the number one rule of every single one of those "Things Single Women Should Never Do" chain emails that my grandma sends me on a bi-weekly basis.What could I do? Studying had to be done.

Fast forward to Marcia and I driving home tonight. There is one parking spot decently close-ish to our building...and as I pull in, we notice something VERY strange in the window of the car beside us. Very creepy. Actually, I didn't notice, but Marcia started yelling and freaking out about what looks like a  "guy" in the car next to us. I jam the car into reverse (ok...I drive an automatic, there isn't a whole lot of jamming), and speed away (and by "speed", I mean my little 2.0L engine revved just enough to sound cute). We spend approximately 2 minutes idling in the parking lot hiding behind some cars, and then we drive around to the VERY OPPOSITE side of the complex, where there are a few pitiful parking spaces left.

So, after parking miles away from my apt, there is of course the concern that "guy" might hop out of his car [at 3 am] and steal our textbooks and mechanical pencils. So we trot very quickly, walking back to back so we can survey the entire parking lot. That's right, we walked hand in hand and back to back and then ran as quickly as we could up the stairs. And then ran inside and now we're studying some more.

I'm going to go to sleep with visions of Freddy Krueger dancing through my head.

Don't worry, InterWebs, I put on my pants one leg at  a time, just like you. Except when I put mine on, I'm a winner.

scurred and uh-frayed,
-bRob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...