14.1.11

Where He at?

Dear InterWebs -
   I was going to postpone this post until tomorrow so you wouldn't guess that I'm sitting at home doing homework on a Friday night, but let's be quite honest, everyone who knows me is probably not surprised at what a nerd/introvert I am [yeah, I thought introvert sounded better than anti-social hermit, too].

I wanted to share something with you. I keep what I like to call a Jesus Journal. It started off as a place to write verses that really meant a lot to me. Now it's grown into a prayer journal as well. I don't think it's uncommon, especially if we are hurting, broken, or even simply feeling disconnected from it all, to wonder where God is. Going through my Jesus Journal(s), I found a few reminders:

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
"...How gracious He will be when you cry for help! As soon as He hears, He will answer you." Isaiah 30:19
"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He that will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you, I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4
"...I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite?" Isaiah 57:15
"Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand." Psalm 73:23
"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:4
"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' Your love, O LORD, supported me." Psalm 94:18
"As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when He is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness." Ezekial 34:12
"The Lord your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf..." Deut 1:30
"Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

And the verse I read just this morning, so quickly forgotten by this afternoon:
"But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

Where, sweet child of God, is He now?
With you. 

Even if you don't want Him there, He is faithful when we are faithless (2 Tim 2:13). 

Searching for you, fighting for you, drawing close to you.
Loving you. 

bRob

I am thankful that God fights for us, even when He's fighting us for us. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...