8.1.11

Job, Pride, and Blogging 101

We have all done this >>> Comparing Our Situations to Job  
A really amusing guest post at one of my favorite blogs, Stuff Christians Like, by Jon Acuff. I like to compare my trials to those Job encountered. But, as a good friend told me, "No one's life sucked as much as Job's." So now I got to Lamentations when I want to indulge my feelings of woe and heartbreak. hah.

I actually started a really long and completely different post today. But it didn't feel right. You know why? Because it was all about me. Pride is perhaps my greatest struggle. I want people to read my blog. I want people to laugh at my "witty" one - liners. I want more than 1 page view a day and I want a bazillion people to love reading my blog so much that they sit there and hit F5 repeatedly.But in the same breath I try and talk about God. If I really believe in glorifying God in all that I do ("So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor 10:31), then why am I seeking human approval ("Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.." Gal 1:10)? God gives us gifts, and He rejoices when we use them...for His glory! If I say something encouraging or funny or you enjoy reading this, InterWebs, then that is awesome. But if  what I'm seeking is human affirmation, then we've got a problem.

So from now on - I am trying to hold myself accountable. Less of me. More God. Not in the quantitative sense that for every post about silly things (my cat...) I post 5 inspirational Jesus posts, but just as a general attitude. God should radiate through all that I am. Man, I am so glad God promises to constantly transform us and work in us (Phil 1:6).

That being said, I want to be more consistent with this blog. Try and blog more regularly. To what avail? I am not quite sure yet. But I was reading blogging tips [I care about this blog, I do...despite the wonky html and lack of aesthetic appeal], and it says one of the number one tips is to blog consistently. I suppose common sense should have told me that, but, well, it didn't. So I will write more posts, I think. That and include personal pictures. Which is also another blogging tip I read. Here's your personal pic for the day:  



I dare you to caption this picture.







Today, I am thankful for the fact that God promises to continue working in me. I am so far from where I want to be, but as I pray, I know the Holy Spirit is transforming me [is it weird that sometimes when I pray I look down at my belly and think, "Holy Spirit, whatcha doin' in here?"].




"God loves you just for who you are, but He loves you too much to let you stay that way."
-JuneBug

love,
bRob

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I can relate to this 100%...especially blog pride. Fortunately for me, my google analytics stopped working so I have no clue how many people read mine. I also get in a rut, and feel like I want to write more "spiritual things" but from a real place rather than just stretching some day to day situation to make a Jesus connection (does that make sense?) Anyway, I love your blog and think you are doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes perfect sense!! I'm glad you get what I didn't say very well :) Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...