3.7.12

Life, & Living It

Hello Webs -

This is not so much a post as an update.

Fact: I am still alive and kicking and doing things.

Fact: I am also a terrible blogger.

Fact: Maybe I'll change that one day. Today is not that day.

Over the course of the past month, I have moved out of that old dusty deathtrap of a house and into a sweet new gated community apartment with a few buds. Gated, kids. Come at me...but you can't. Because it's gated. [hah]

circa 2007?
My sister's visiting this week, and we've got a lot of fun things planned. Granted, we don't end up doing these things because we sleep in super late and then decide not to leave the couch, but we do, in theory, have fun things planned. Thus far we've seen the Madea movie, taken a tour of my dear Alma mater, eaten lots of food, and taken a plethora of naps. Trust me, the itinerary was way more exciting.

Also, true life, I've picked the cello up again. I played for ~9 years, on and off with private lessons. The cello is perhaps the most gorgeous instrument, and now that I'm graduated [bizarre], I wanted to put some of my free time to good use. You know, between the napping and the eating.

The frustrating thing, I think, is that I've played legitimately cool and challenging music on the cello - improv, Shostakovitch, the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song.... However, it turns out  my form is terrible. So here I am, four years after I quit, relearning how to hold the bow, what height my wrist should be at, and trying to get my dumb C-scales in tune. It is the most aggravating thing. I've played all these amazing pieces, but now I have to relearn the fundamentals, as I was apparently slopping through before.

In fact, if we're being completely honest here [which we always are], I'm only blogging because I was about to throw my bow out the window and needed to vent.


this is really all i want. is that too much to ask? 
to be able to do this?

Aaaaanyways, I don't know what I really wanted to accomplish with this post. Maybe I'm just avoiding punching a hole in my cello.

I'll catch up with you later, Webs - theoretically with more interesting things to say.

-bRob

1 comment:

  1. Fact: The guy on the left looks ridiculous. And slightly hungry.

    Fact: I hope you attempt those facial expressions at your recital.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...