23.2.12

God is Good

I'm about to run off to class [I've attended EVERY class this week; are you impressed?], but I thought I should share some good news with you guys. I'll make it brief so I'm not late to class [because that would be new...].

One of the best ways to blind a Christian is to make him or her take God's blessings and gifts for granted, or not even recognize that they're from God [I think C.S. Lewis hit on this in the Screwtape Letters?]. We pray for things, but then when our prayers our answered, we flippantly believe that these things would have occured anyways.

So, before I rush off to class, I wanted to share two of my answered prayers and give God full credit for His blessings.

- Last week, McFly developed some weird sort of eye lump/sore thing. He's had it before, and it took a few weeks to go away. However, after losing Mariella, I did not want to take any chances with his health. . However, vet's offices are crazy expensive, even for a pet that fits in your hand [well, theoretically. McFly's turned into a chunky dunk.] A friend and I prayed for McFly last week - for quick healing, healing without needing to take him to the vet - etc. Within two days, McFly's eye was completely back to normal. 

God is good. He cares even about my little rat.

- You all may recall the dramatic emergency room visit a few weeks ago. I got a bill last week for over ten times as much as I was expecting, and even after insurance, it looked like I would have to pay close to $700. The hospital finance department was quite rude. I prayed that the Lord would be sovereign in this situation, even though I was angry as all get out - ready to bust some hospital doors down. My parents called to let me know a few days ago that insurance had negotiated the bill in half, and now I don't have to pay anything!

God is good.

I just wanted to share how God had answered my prayers. I have such weak faith, but it is so good to see the LORD answer prayers so clearly, swiftly, but most importantly, faithfully. He answers in such a way that I can trust His hand is ever-present in my life.

So, here's to trusting that God is sovereign in all situations, the little ones and the broken, messy ones.

-bRob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...