21.1.12

The Swagger of a College Kid

Class has been in sesh for about two weeks now, and I thought you deserved to know what my schedule looks like.


Mondays:


8:30 - Maybe the worst graduate class in the world.

The professor spends the majority of the time joking around with his graduate student broseph. Broseph feels like it is his personal mission to break every silence [and non-silence]  with questions and personal anecdotes and a series of unhilarious jokes. Which compliments the professor's non-stop series of unfunny jokes.

I almost raised my hand and asked them if the professor and his bro would like to continue their conversation after class.

Also, I haven't figured out what this class is about yet.

10:15 - Senior Project

We spend this time talking about how to communicate and talk to companies and not make bumbling fools of ourselves.

I'll be working with a company that makes rotors for airplanes. Also, I found out the president of the company taught my Sunday School Class way back in the day. I, professional as ever, made sure to tell him so, giggle, and shake hands really awkwardly.

12:30 - Self Defense

Learning how to bust up a criminal's nose.

Tuesdays:


11:30 - Something about facilities and planning them.

1:30 - Quality Control.

Someone should have told me when I took statistics a bazillion years ago that it actually mattered for every single other class I have to take ever.

6:00 - Fiction Class


I decided to take a fiction class for fun. Someone asked me why I didn't just decide to read more...

To which I respond, "Because I love the sorts of people that take an undergraduate english class and hearing their suuuuuuper deep insights into Pushkin's short stories."

It's funny because it isn't true.

Wednesdays:

Same as Mondays...except...
1:30 - Canoeing


An eclectic mix of extremely outdoorsy parks-and-tourism students and chacos and patagonia. And then there's the clumsy nerd girl who can't get into the canoe. Can you guess who that is??

Thursdays:

Same as Tuesdays...except...
3:30 - Country Dance


There is an overwhelming amount of cowboy boots and camo in this class. I don't really know what I was expecting out of a class called, "Country Dance." And then there's the clumsy nerd girl who can't turn in the right direction. Can you guess who that is??

One guy finally just picked me up and turned me around.

Fridays:

In theory I would sleep in, as I do not have any classes on Fridays. But I'm spending all my life trying to inject some juice back into our school's manufacturing club.

I won the presidency in a hotly contested race against no one. And this one club takes up more time than all of my classes combined.


So. There's my semester. I decided taking three PE's was a good idea, but now I realized that actually attending 18 hours worth of classes is somewhat of a time-suck.

Oh, hindsight.

What's your schedule look like? Crazy? Fun? Whatever it is, I hope it isn't boring.

-bRob

3 comments:

  1. MWF: 11:20 old testament class. seems neat so far
    1-something: advanced computer graphics class. seems awesome so far
    2-something: intro AI class. I'll probably be skipping this a lot.

    All other time, including all tuesday and thursday: work

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to appreciate documenting your class schedules one day because I had a conversation today about attendance in college classes...I literally couldn't remember if my professors took attendance. Point being, you will forget all the details. One detail I haven't forgotten however, I took a rock climbing class my sophomore year! Sounds just like your canoeing class except higher and drier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh - I'm glad you're enjoying your classes!!

    Jenn - I love blogging as kind of a documentary tool! It's cool to read some of the stuff from traveling around this summer, even.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...