29.1.12

Awkward Truths



so, that happened.






While driving home this evening, I was about 67% certain for 4 solid seconds that I saw a U.F.O. 
By using my deductive reasoning skills, I am now 83% certain it was merely a weirdly-colored mid-highway streetlamp. The other 17% of the mind boggles...

I ate at a Mongolian buffet today, and I am not too classy to say I unbuttoned my skinny jeans in my car afterwards.

After a long day that ended an hour ago, I began the rest of my evening with a plan to do work. Instead I ended up here. With you.

I almost blogged today about ringtones that stink the most. That would be both nasty and lame. bRob needs to get un-grumpy.

During worship today, I got very frustrated over an "it's" instead of an "its" in the song lyrics on the screen. Do you think having decent grammar counts as a spiritual gift? Or a sign that someone is a little too concerned about things that absolutely don't matter [except they do sometimes].

After looking over some friends' blogs, I am very unimpressed with my own DIY skill-level. That is to say, I am feeling largely inadequate over the fact that I have none.

Side note: I hammered a really cute thing on my wall the other day. I'm going to take a picture of it and show it to you. You, of course, are going to be impressed, not necessarily because it was difficult, but rather it shows an initiative on my part to do something with myself besides watch hulu and go to class. Even if it is just nailing a cute thing to the wall.

Months later I still haven't moved my alarm clock an hour forward. Or backward. Or whatever it was we were supposed to do.  I just switched to using my phone for my alarm...

Someone told me to google myself to see what future employers might find if they looked me up. I'm pretty sure that one truth alone is enough to never get me hired ever. Luckily for me, bRob is not my real name. Does that shock you?

I can't breathe through my nose right now so I'm sitting here with my mouth gaping open like a trout.


And on account of being pathetic and sickly and being able to breathe out of only one nostril, I am going to sign off here before my truths disintegrate from awkward to nonsensical.

-bRob

sometimes I want to add -atropolis to the end of my name. Would you take me seriously if I signed off bRobatropolis?

See, this is what i'm talking about. I shouldn't have continued typing.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. This post cracked me up. Don't worry too much I have no DIY skills either (if it isn't on the computer I pretty much can't do it) and I think punctuation (and grammar) are very important. On a side note- where I live we don't recognize daylight savings. Nope, in AZ we just keep the clocks as they are and that makes life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah thanks! Grammar is SO important, amIrite? And it sounds like I am definitely in the wrong state... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...