29.10.11

For My Mom



This is my Mom.

Today is her birthday. [29th?] 

She is a working professional woman and former valedictorian of her high school. She has worked extremely hard to get where she is today, never taking no for an answer, and not letting her circumstances define her.

I owe her a lot. She is the one who taught me perseverance. When I'm tempted to quit, or if everything goes awry, she's the one who will find another way to make it work. To my mom, a closed door is just one roundhouse kick away from being opened.

By the grace of God, I have a mother who didn't tell me I could be excellent, but rather expected me to go fight for excellence, no matter what the odds. Without her, I would have settled for mediocrity a long time ago.

Mom is fierce, determined, and a force to be reckoned with. I'm glad I was raised by a woman with such strength - she never stops teaching me what it means to be unstoppable.

Thanks, Mom.

-brittany

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...