30.8.11

In Memoriam: Mike

You may remember that I have been babysitting a little man rat named Mike for the past week. This morning, I woke up to find that Mike has passed on over the course of the night..

Baby Mike

    Rats are relatively unconventional pets. However, they are intelligent, sociable, and insanely adorable, and any pet you raise with the love Courtney had for Mike is going to be near and dear to your heart.  And Mike was extra special. 

     He is, to date, the sweetest rodent I have ever met. He would lick your hand with a big, sloppy tongue, and, unlike most rodents, he loved to cuddle and be petted across his roly-poly back.

    His mother loves him dearly, and, when watching them together, you can tell he loved her a lot too. They'd been together since Mike was a li'l one and definitely had  a special bond.

    I have no doubt that God cares a lot even for His littlest creatures, and by the grace of God, Courtney happened to come visit Mike just yesterday morning, his last day here. I am so happy they got to play together one last time. 



It is heartbreaking to lose a pet that is so precious. Say a quick prayer for Mike's momma, if you have the chance.

So long, sweet Mike. You are missed.

-bRob





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...