28.7.11

My Life is Just So Complicated, You Wouldn't Really Understand

wow. It took me about five tries to put the apostrophe in the right place when typing out the word "Wouldn't". Contractions are really challenging sometimes, I think.

After copious amounts of complications and indecision, I have finally decided to go to Budapest this weekend. Partially because Eastern Europe is wicked cheap [coming from Munich], partially because who goes to Hungary?? Now that I've been to Prague, I'm kind of digging the Eastern European vibe...it's kind of different.

I am catching a ride using one of those travel along websites, where you pay someone to let you ride along. Like hitchhiking, but it costs money. Only the guy I planned on riding with has a meeting tomorrow, so he needs to meet him in a town an hour away. To be fair, he did give me the train info, but also to be fair, I don't want to pay the extra 20 euros. But to be fair again, he did agree to drop me directly off at my hostel because I am scared to walk alone at night in Budapest and accidentally end up being enslaved in the red light district or something. So....I guess avoiding indentured servitude in Budapest's underbelly is worth an extra twenty euros [not that that stopped me from asking if I could get a discount on the original price...I hope my mom is proud of me right now].

Also, my ride has an Audi. People with Audi's are legit, right? Right. I think that's the way it works. I'm riding back with this guy on Sunday as well.

Just so we're clear...if you Amis don't hear from me on my blog by...say...8:00 on Sunday evening your time, please feel free to be slightly concerned and call the embassy [is that what you do when traveling goes awry?]. I'm riding with a guy named Wolfgang in an Audi A5, I think.

That's right...Wolfgang had better not try any funny business. I just posted this on my blog. Which a lot of people read.

Anyways, I haven't really decided what to do in Budapest. After hours of painful agonizing, I finally picked one of the last hostels with remaining rooms. And get this...I'm staying in a shared room :|
I am a little nervous about my first lone hosteling experience, but I figure it'll be good to get to know some other people, and maybe get some more ideas about what to do in the two cities of Buda and Pest [you didn't know Budapest was actually two cities, did you??].

There's a free walking tour [on it], thermal spas, an incredible market with lots of fresh foods for lunch, and this island where you can rent a bike and travel around and stuff.
Maybe I'll actually be able to ride a bike as if I have full control over my limbs. That'd be nice...


My very first margarita. Tequila is something else... I think I'll stick to my fruity daiquiris. Light on the daiquiri. In other words, a fruit smoothie.
After a long day at work, we went out for Mexican food. Germexican food. It was fairly delicious. But then we began to talk about all the American foods we miss. Namely barbecue. (Vinegar based, n00bs).

Anyways.
This has been long and rambly, so...I would apologize, but it's kind of on par for my posts, I think.

And remember, if you Amuricans don't hear from me by 8:00 on Sunday, do the Amurican thing and phone it in! We're watching you, Wolfgang....


-bRob

2 comments:

  1. His name is Wolfgang? That kinda feels like something Frau Dub would make up for a German name. Are you sure this is legit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't get kidnaped okay. lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...