22.7.11

Czech and Mate

[i like to pretend things like that ^^^ make me witty]

Another commercial with music you might like, Webs.

Nikon Coolpix S8000 comes with great music, apparently...


Song: Welcome Home
Artist: Radical Face


I'm currently writing from Prague.

I was a winner and forgot my passport, so my ride had to drive across Munich in crazy traffic before getting on the road. It only took us...an extra hour. 

I didn't really know what to expect from the Czech Republic, but so far it's been interesting. Most people will say that Prague is more Central Europe than Eastern Europe, but, coming from Deutschland, it's more Eastern-y than I am used to. Munich is a little bit of a fashion metropolis (well...at least these girls look way cuter than I do), but Prague is kinda old school. It's a bit more dated, and it doesn't feel quite as safe as Munich. But then again, I spent an hour on the train, which means...50% of my time here has been on the train, so what do I know?

Unfortunately, I don't know an ounce of Czech (is that the language here? I'm just going to go ahead and assume so), and many of the people I've run into don't know English. It was actually a little scary trying to find my hotel, because I couldn't find any street signs (what is this, a scavenger hunt?), and I wasn't sure I was going in the right direction from the train station, and everything was closed. It was kind of funny though, I finally decided to step into a restaurant on a random street and ask for directions. I asked for the street my hotel is on, and the lady looked at me and said, "this is it!" 

By the grace of God, I managed to accidentally turn onto the right street. That Guy watches out for me, I think.

Also, I'm not whining...but...it's really bizarre trying to deal in a currency that doesn't equate neatly with the dollar. The krone [crone?] is about 16.4 USD, and 24.5 euros. Try doing that math in your head.

I'm here, in my hotel, safe and sound. Traveling by yourself can be a little bit lonely. I started to turn on the TV, but none of the channels are in English. Except for a sports channel. And hulu and fox and cbs and all those websites? They don't stream outside of the US.


So now I'm either going to be a sketchster and try and find Pretty Little Liars on youtube, maybe read a book...or maybe just go to bed at 10pm on a Friday night? I bet that's totally something they do here in Prague...

If you wanna shout a prayer out for my safety while I'm cluelessly galavanting [is that a real word?] about, I 
wouldn't mind.
bRob galavanting.
daaaang, check out those crow's feet!


-bRob

1 comment:

  1. :-) //include((Passport --> always in Backpack))
    Tip for any city in Europe:
    Print out google maps directions from the station to the hotel... hotels keep beeing hard to find all the time.
    @ Exchange rate math: Now you get to know how we feel in the US (1 Euro = 1,39 USD), also quite tricky math ;-)
    I hope yesterday and today you had a chance to get a better picture of Prague, it may look outdated, but take a deeper look. CU at the pickup-point at 8.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...