18.6.11

Hiking for Frou-Frous


Today Menzel, Katie, Vanka and I went to the mountains. I was pleasantly surprised by how gorgeous it all was. A mix of precious cottages and elegant, rustic homes dotted the rolling hills as we drove by. Well, that and tobacco fields.

Fortunately for us, Vanka had a bangin' mix to listen to on the way up, and so many of the songs reminded me of high school (where I met these girls!).


We all sang this song in unison on the way up.
I think this was one of those songs that will always distinctly remind me of high school...
Also, we sang Hey There, Delilah, word-for-word, but that is kind of embarrassing and this isn't myspace so I'll refrain from posting it here.


This park is super nice - the bathrooms were borderline fancy, and the trails were lovely. Menzel kindly reminded me that this park is for frou-frou hiking.


In the parking lot - Menzel, Katie, Vanka, Me
Notice that the Elizabeths chose to dress up for this excursion.
This is becaues you NEVER know whom you might meet on the trail.
Katie and I decided that we would probably not meet our future husbands on the trail so we were ok dressing like hobos.



Vance pretends to be a mermaid.
Did you know that's how mermaids pose?


Drinking the waterfall.



First and foremost, that topknot.
Secondly, this girl has a crazy cool collection of floral sunglasses. 
I love them.

Katie and Elizabeth decide to be adventurous and lounge in the waterfall. 
This picture took no effort at all.
Also, Menzel and I decided we were fine not getting wet. 



I thought I should take this picture because they look like a boy band (I think Katie's trying to be thug).

These girls have been best friends since kindergarten.
Isn't that incredible??



Tiny dressing stalls with no doors.
Maybe this park isn't as fancy as I thought.



We made our way to the lake and took approximately fifty minutes to wade through the chilly water.

I love swimming in lakes. They have so much texture and are way more exciting than pools.
I haven't swum in a lake in over five years, I think, and so I decided to live it up and act like the most obnoxious kid you know.

And so begins a series of ridiculous water shots:


We're trying to be sea monsters but Katie doesn't understand.


Cheesin'. Menzel looks horrified.


Fierce sea monsters.




Do you remember that game where person A picks a color and person B tries to guess the color? And every time person B gets it wrong, person A dunks them?

Fun fun game - keeps me entertained for hours.


Bless her heart, Katie had a rough time of it though.
While we were waiting for her to guess the color Fuchsia, she guessed Paisley, which is not in fact a color.
I think she almost drowned that round... 


Candid.



After drying off, we decided to end the day with delicious s'mores. 
Katie and Menzel, of course, saved the day and took care of the fire.
Vanka prepared our marshmallow skewers.
I ate the marshmallows.
It's all about teamwork.


The Elizabeths - pretty ladies!


While Katie and Menzel made their final bathroom run before the drive back, Vanka and I decided to move the car and hide it behind some trees to confuse them.

Luckily I remembered to use my camera and capture the confusion as they looked for the car.

HAHAHA oh bless their hearts. 
"Where dem ladies be?"


Gig's up, they see us.



The four of us (+ Carissa and Mary) before our high school graduation a bazillion years ago.

The times, they are a changin'...


PS - sorry I went a little picnik crazy =)
-bRob




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...