30.5.11

Words.

So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won’t do in your essays.

-Dead Poet's Society

Language certainly woos.




Weareglitter

Oh, Will.




In the way of righteousness is life,
And in its pathway there is no death.


-Proverbs 12:28




via images i <3 stolen from the internet
source?
waiting.




Whatever you are, be a good one.

-Abraham Lincoln





Fridge Door pdq

semicolons.






And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

-John 8:32





developing a heart for Home

convicting





via pretty books [i think]

True story: In tenth grade I had a crush on this adorable boy in my gym class. Of all the guys in my school, he was among the 3% that actually talked to me. He was sweet, funny, and complimented my ferocity during floor hockey.

One day, during our warm-ups, he began a sentence with "I seen a ..." And with that atrocious grammatical error, our young  [one-sided] love was over. It broke me...at least for the week.

Also he had hair down to his shoulders. 





GeeZees via life-love-laughter

right on time.






That is why He warned people to 'count the cost' before becoming Christians. 'Make no mistake,' He says, 'if you let me, I will make you perfect. The moment you put yourself in My hands, that is what you are in for. Nothing less, or other, than that. You have free will, and if you choose, you can push Me away. But if you do not push Me away, understand that I am going to see this job through. Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life, whatever inconceivable purification it may cost you after death, whatever it costs Me, I will never rest, nor let you rest, until you are literally perfect - until My Father can say without reservation that He is well-pleased with you, as He said He was well pleased with me. This I can do and will do. But I will not do anything less.

- C.S. Lewis

nothing less



keri smith via Candace Rose
take heart - you aren't.







Go back...knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. 

- Martin Luther King Jr. 






design*sponge [picture]

 not possible.






The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it as if a hand has come out, and taken yours.

- Alan Bennett

it always amazes me, and i love it.
Images I <3 stolen from the internet


a beautiful new word.



Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of 
things not seen.

- Hebrews 11:1


faith and hope.


-----------------------------

I think this words post might be a new series? Sort of like the wordy version of the techniColor posts? 
Hm?


Also - citation concerns: 

Many of the images were found via pinterest [if you're interested, you can view mine here] - and while I was able to hunt down [most] of the original sources, I'm not sure how citing works with images first discovered via pinterest. Let me know if you know =)

Last thing - one blogger cites where she first finds external [ex: from a movie or book] quotes, generally from another blog. I didn't do that on the relevant quotes, mostly because I don't deem it necessary?
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Whew.

-bRob






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...