20.4.11

TechniColor: Color Thirsty

Judging by the bold colors peppering this post, I would say my soul is color-starved. And also, I'm in love with open spaces and converted living spaces.




St. Jakobus Church in the Netherlands has been converted to a modern residence by Zecc Architects. And I am loving it - the juxtaposition of the personality of a house and the austerity of a church.

via toxel







"True justice  is a banana peeling a human."
-on-campus grafitti 
what does this mean?










Read more at 24Flinching

Artist Jason de Caires Taylor submerges his sculptures in a Mexican underwater museum.








via apartmenttherapy
source: Domino Magazine












incredible.














via bumbumbum

Pedro Campos painted these hyper-realistic images. Painted. Oil on canvas. 
awe-struck
?







Highly Trusting People Better Lie Detectors
I don't think I believe it.










via apartmenttherapy

A pretty trendy DIY mirror tutorial. If you have it in you. I'm going to marry someone really handy who can make all this stuff for me.







Anthropologie

Rich and vibrant. Oh, Anthropologie. I can't afford you and it makes my heart hurt. Like, the opposite of heart bubbles. Not being able to afford Anthropologie is like acid reflux-induced heartburn.










A mad tea party with alis
Julia
Airy outdoor spaces via apartment therapy.












I don't like this miniature library. It hurts my feelings. Books are for reading. Not....shrinking.









via contemporist
source:  Velichko Velikov.



via a mad tea party with alis
source: Alexandra Angle Design








Last Two Speakers of a Dying Language Refuse to Talk to Each Another
I don't know if this is heartbreaking or straight-up dumb.











Is symmetry as beautiful as we think it is? Read about Julian Wolkenstein's picture series.









"The Kiss" via apartment therapy
source: inaluxe's etsy shop







Did you honestly think I would leave you without a weekly addiction?
Create your own snowflake.








Architect: Ricardo Bofill

 "A former Cement Factory is now the workspace and residence of Ricardo Bofill" via yatzer. As you know, this is just the sort of thing I go crazy about.






I saw this girl on the bus today. She was holding an unopened box carrying what I assumed to be one of the world's best cupcakes, judging by  the logo of my favorite cupcake shop emblazoned across the top. Being raised by a father with an underutilized sense of shame and a gregarious personality (and a mother, too), I finally asked her what kind of cupcake she had gotten. She told me she hadn't picked it out. She had been dumped on Monday, and her friend bought her a cupcake. I assured her it would be a wonderful cupcake, and while breakups are terrible and terrifying, the cupcake might help a little, because it is awfully good. She smiled a big, beautiful smile and told me it was chocolate, with chocolate icing, sprinkled with chocolate chips.

Sometimes this world is a special place.




-bRob



Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.- Thomas Chisholm


2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qvx0jCK1E8&hd=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very sweet song. it seems bizarre that it was in a corona commercial.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...