28.4.11

SlapHappy


Um, so it's finals. And I think everything is hilarious right now. I'd like to say it's because I'm sleep-deprived, but, in reality, I tend to operate fairly well on four hours of sleep a night. Perhaps I'm just a slap-happy kinda person.
Anyways.


I laughed.

1. Professor B. read us his old class evaluations. He picked three glorious golden reviews (seriously - someone was kissing MAJOR bippy), and then, out of false modesty, read one horrible  review. So...he saved class evaluations from years ago (these were handwritten, and evals have been online for quite some time)...and then brought them to class to read to us. Okay. Sure.


2. I found this in the parking lot in my complex:
 Why would someone put grass on a truck? Is this a redneck thing?

3. Things David says: 
           "David, is she hot?" 
            David: "She looks like a respectable member of society." 
David - what does that even mean.

            David: "www.getonmylevel.com"
David - I will be using this.

4. Ok - so this is hilarious. This week we all presented our simulations projects. Essentially - we all had to collect data by observing the processes within a system and then model the system in Arena. My group's was pretty straight-forward - we modeled the Best Buy Customer Service Queue. However - one group wanted to model the Auto-Bell car-washing process. And one of the boys began the presentation in this manner:

"So - if you want to collect data from an establishment, you should probably get their permission first. Otherwise, they do  have the right to kick you out. And if you try and collect data while standing across the street, they do have the right to call the authorities."
Haha - I bet my instructor about choked.

5. Our library has a HUGE display about the 4-H (club? society? cult?). I don't know why. I don't know that too many students particularly care about 4-H...or do they? Do you? 
Moving on - there's this little guest book where people sign and talk about how much the display means to them. I was procrastinating instead of studying and decided to read the riveting things people wrote, which include:
"Your library looks like a cruise ship." It's true. It does.

And this:


 QC wants to get a girlfriend. Best of luck, QC. Perhaps using proper grammar would be a step in the right direction.



-------------------------------------

Also: CHECK IT



Made a wheel rim.

I'd like to see a Computer Engineer do THAT (Natesworth).

As you can see, it cast really poorly. Our design wasn't ideal...and if you'd like to know more about that, you can read the 18-pg report Carrie and I wrote. 


Nothing came out - the spokes, the bottom hole. It took FOREVER to freaking pocket mill the bottom out.


But after over twelve hours in the lab and lots of machining, we got it looking like this:



Sweet, right? Sort of?  A little bit??


I'm picking manufacturing. I like it a lot.


-bRob

8 comments:

  1. two, your bangs are supercute! make mine look like that! anyways... we should totes try to adventure together in the deutschland! -saul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer engineers do WAY cooler things than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saulsiepoo - hah thanks. all you have to do is let them dry funny and then blow them out of your face 20 times a day. SO excited about Germany =)

    And WHAT the WHAT, rj? I'd like to see you workin' the lathe and mill and sand-blaster (it's a TON of fun).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not saying it's not fun, you should sneak me into the lab... I'm just saying that building a circuit or programming a micro controller is just as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. impressive response time. I'm just sayin' - IE's are pretty legit and doing real and cool things, whatever Natesworth may say. and also i am very manly and good at machining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not gonna lie this made me laugh in the library yesterday and people were staring at me. I love the grass on the truck and "QC."

    Also, I really want to know if getonmylevel.com is a real website, but I'm afraid to type it into my computer.

    Finally, will you make me some dubs for my new camry? I want mine with spokes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a wuss, so I looked up getonmylevel.com and it's really lame.

    At this point, I'm thinking my wheel rims are more decorative rather than functional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha its not a matter of being a wuss, its a matter of not wanting to corrupt my computer with all kinds of viruses and not wanting to corrupt my mind with whatever is on getonmylevel.com.

    And I'm disappointed. I want dubs.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...