9.12.11

Southern Comfort



I had turnips for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I'm crazy about them.
I have broken my 20-something-year vegetable fast and eat these all the time now.
I made myself a nice dinner of turnip greens with salted pork and some sweet tea the other night.

Sometimes I fancy myself a southern girl.

And in that spirit, here's one of my favorite Loretta Lynn classics:


I want to be her best friend so badly. She's so saucy.


Do you have any old school country favorites?
-bRob




2 comments:

  1. turnips sound nasty, but if you say so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me - they're delicious. Normally I vehemently protest eating these without high fructose corn syrup, but these + vinegar is delish.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...