27.9.11

On a School Night

Last week, one of my favorites, Ray Lamontagne, came into town with one of my other favorites, Brandi Carlile, as his opening act. In other words, this was a concert I could not miss.

I don't often go to concerts, curmudgeon that I am - I feel so overwhelmed in crowds, I hate long drawn-out instrumental interludes, I can't stand it when the band is so loud that you can't make sense of the vocals. But this concert was golden! It was so mellow and chill, and everyone sat in the grass swaying sweetly to the music.

snack time
One of us [ahem] may have forgotten the blanket to sit on, but the couple beside us had a spare and was kind enough to loan it out. Jessica brought me my favorite candy, Swedish Fish! She sure knows how to treat me right...

I'm the lame one who brought a banana. Seriously. 
I'll also be handing out raisins and gospel tracks for Halloween, if you're interested.

Our "date night"
ahah

The Secret Sisters were the first opening act - I only recognized them because they had a song that was free on iTunes once. They are a sweet and adorable sister duo that sings songs with old country and 1950's influences - Jessica was in heaven.


"Secret Sister Sandwich"

The Secret Sisters about took Jessica home with them when she told them how much she loves the Everyly Brothers




I promise you that Brandi Carlile is on that stage, you just can't see her.


I could kick myself for not bringing my camera - we were told they weren't allowed. Only everyone but me had a camera, and I  just had my phone.


Ray Lamontagne is a little bit eccentric - he doesn't talk hardly at all between songs. Regardless, I was so glad we got to hear him perform. I told Jessica that one of his songs made me feel weepy, and she wouldn't stop making fun of me. Hah. Next time I'll weep just to make her feel uncomfortable.

Anyways - this concert was beautiful. Everyone reclining in the grass rocking to the mellow music...I loved it. 

-bRob

1 comment:

  1. Raisins and gospel tracts--HAHAHAHA. Little E will be skipping your house on Halloween. . .

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...