3.8.11

Things and Thoughts

Hula Gypsy via Lovely Clusters
Vintage brooch bouquets for a wedding - what a clever and artsy idea. Lovely, for sure, but I definitely want real flowers at my wedding.

   Speaking of weddings, a lot of my friends are having them. Also, a few of my friends are having slash have had little kidlings recently. I am VERY happy for them [holla atchu, Catherine]. However, it is very strange for me to see these kids with whom I attended high school and rode buses and talked too loudly in class being thrust into this phase of life that seems so far away from me.

Honestly, my biggest life choice today was whether or not I should get Thai takeout or a Doener for dinner.[For all of those who care to know, the Doener won out].

I hate to be such a stereotypical girl, but...I'm a little jealous. Mostly because if I was married I would have a legitimate excuse to stay at home on Friday nights, take naps at awkward times, and never go clubbing. 

BUTTTTTT apparently God is not too chill with coveting and all that business [see: Ten Commandments. You can generally find them in your local courthouse...oh, wait...], so I need to nip this in the bud. The jealousy I mean, not the staying home by yourself on a Friday night, though I should maybe probably do something about that too.

And not to reuse my segue but actually to most certainly reuse it...

Speaking of  having nothing to do on a Friday night, I have this picture stored under a folder called: 

Hairstyles to try if you ever get asked out on a date ever
[no joke]

[via]

I am one bad hair day from [ie tomorrow I will be...]  shaving all my hair off. My hair is too long, it's all split endy, and it is getting on my ever-loving last nerve.

I get bored super easily, so I might try something completely new, like this haircut. I've always associated long flowing locks with femininity...but my long flowing locks are about ready to make me pull my own hair out. 

The thing is though, because my hair is so fine [not thin, but fine], I'm worried this hairdo might end up looking like some weird soccer mom mullet.

Also I would like to roll out of bed and have it look that cute. 

We. Will. See.

Guess what, n00bs? I took Friday off, so tomorrow night I'm headed over to Lena's, and then we drive to PARIS on Friday! I'll be back at work on Monday afternoon.

Here's to more hosteling, lots of macaroons, and super expensive tourist cities.

The air is electric with excitement. Seriously it is - I am so stoked. 

Only I haven't started packing and it's almost 2am...

-bRob out

[to go pack]



2 comments:

  1. have you ever thought of putting your blogs to cello music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah - are you joking? Like, the juxtaposition of elegant cello music and then my trivial posts? and what sort of cello music are we talking here - Bach's First Cello Suite or Apocalyptica (they play Metallica covers)?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...