24.6.11

Safe and Sound

Hey kids -

   I'm safe and sound in Germany! 

Today's been fairly stressful - I went into the train station by myself, had to pay a euro to use the bathroom (in a train station...), and got swindled on the exchange rate. 

I decided to test my super keen sense of direction and guess at how to make the fifteen minute trip back to my hotel by foot. Test failed. I wandered around for an hour and then caved and bought a bus ticket.

My german's decent enough that I can ask a fair number of questions, but it's not good enough so that I understand the answers, which as you might imagine is somewhat problematic.

I ate crazy good gelato (chili-mango!) for only a euro for lunch (...) after a nice long nap and a shower. I walked around the area around my hotel, and this walk was much more pleasant, as I was clean and shiny and actually knew what street my hotel was on.

My room is pretty suite (haha see what I did there?) - it's split level. On the first level is a living room and dining table with a tv, as well as the bathroom and kitchenette, and then up this narrow set of stairs is a double-sized bed. Only they push two twin beds together to make the double-sized bed...ahah.

I haven't really taken pictures yet, but I will try and post those at some point.

Fun fact - the Germans don't sleep with a sheet/cover over them. They have a fitted sheet, and then, kind of like a sleeping bag, sleep between this folded comforter sort of deal. I promise promise promise when I'm feeling more touristy I'll take pictures.

Um, I only have an hour to use my internet, so I guess I'll sign off here. 

I might try and travel to Vienna or to the Neuschwanstein castle tomorrow. If I can figure out how to get back to the train station. If.

-bRob

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh that's so exciting! The place where you are staying sounds very cool - I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...