27.6.11

Blood, Sweat, and Tears

are the three words I would use to describe today.

I had to go get my residency permit today. So stressful. I almost yelled at one woman - she was incredibly rude and nasty. But I didn't know the words I wanted to say to her in German...something between the really pathetic insults (Du bist so boese - you are so mean) and the really bad ones (...you can guess). I have a lot more German to learn, apparently.

Also, I decided to wear cute shoes for my first day of work. Translated: I ended up with blood all over the back of my feet.

Also, no air conditioning in Germany. Or hardly any, rather. I actually don't mind too much though. I drove a car for a couple years that didn't have any air conditioning, and now I can barely tolerate anything else. In my new car, most of the time I opt for rolling down the windows over ac. Which is probably why I will be going deaf before I hit 28.

Anyways: Here are some pictures from around Munich.

I pass by a graveyard every time I go to this one train station, and I worked up the nerve to go in the other day. I know I seem so morbid, always taking pictures of cemeteries, but they're so lovely here. Clustered and chaotic and ... not extravagant, really, but much more intricate than you'd see in America.

And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they lay them out. Some of the graves have trees literally growing out of them...


Isar River

Side effects may include growing a really sexy leg

blogger.
i. will... switch to tumblr if you keep this up.





beautiful cross
sideways, of course.

i hate these sideways pictures, but look at the grave being uprooted by the tree



this WOULD be a lovely picture...
blogger. 



the kirche across the street


The graveyard got a little eerie so I didn't explore all of it.


-bRob

3 comments:

  1. The right side of my neck feels pleasantly stretched and loose after reading your posts. :) Thanks for sharing all these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ironic. Mom and I went graveyard walking yestrday and admired how trees were uprooting the fences around graves.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...