27.5.11

Conversations between B and Cows

I went on a walk today. I went on a jog, but then my mom's dog seemed really antsy, so I decided to take him out for a little stroll after my run/jog.

And the sky was nice and dark and grey, just how I like it, and there was a slightly ominous breeze blowing about..

Walking and grey skies are perfect for contemplating and thinking and pondering and dreaming.

Grey skies
Side note: Germany Other side note: Are we impressed by my Picnik skills?
So the ugly terrible beast and I went out on a walk. I hate taking him anywhere...a) because I genuinely don't like the creature, b) because he is the world's worst dog to walk. He chases after cars, he trots too quickly to walk, his trot is too slow to run, if you try and run with him - he ends up running right under your feet - you might just fall.

Oh, that dog.

And we walked and came across a herd of cows. And since I had nothing better to do, I decided to tell Toby [the beast] about the cows in German.

"Toby, die sind Kuehe! Verstehst du das? Nein, du verstehest nicht. Du kannst kein Deutsch."
Toby, they are cows! Do you understand that? No, you don't understand. You don't speak German.

Then I decided to speak to the cows. I had to yell at them, since they were across the field, but I didn't mind yelling from the middle of the road, because there wasn't really anyone else around.

"Hallo Kuehe! Wie geht es dir? Stehst du in Ruehe?"
Hello, cows. How's it going? Do you stand in peace? [grammar error - I did not use the plural to address the plural cows]

And THEN, I came up with my very first German rhyme.

"Die Kuehe stehen in Ruehe!"
The cows stand in peace.

If I ever write a German nursery rhyme...


Good heavens.
I need to go to Germany already.

Oh, by the way, it ended up pouring on our way back. He and I were soaked all the way through. I wanted to run home, but Toby kept chasing cars. I was too busy pulling him away from the road to run.

Oh, that dog.


PS. I can't wait for my summer freckles to come in. I never hated them, exactly, but now I'm really starting to dig 'em.
Winter Face

Some freckles. Cute hat. But only some freckles.


Summer Face

All those freckles. Bad hair situation. But precious precious freckles.


You know, if my freckles all converged, I would be very very tan. 

-bRob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...