18.4.11

The Carpenters were right about Mondays

Today was Monday. Today developed character. Today tried my patience.

{Whinefest: someone was in my secret bathroom today. That is MY bathroom. It was extremely unnerving, and me and my potty-shy self go out of my way to find the perfect isolated bathroom. Only on a Monday would this happen...)

On another note, would anyone like to hire an adorable (?)  industrial engineer for part-time work next year?
I have lots of skills including but not limited to:

-eating like a full grown man.
-typing a lot of words per minute. By my estimate, a billion, give or take some.
 -blogging with mostly excellent grammar.
- giving terribly mean glares. If you for whatever reason need a glower-er, I'm your girl. I glower and give snobby looks all the time.


Instead of being glum about how awful Mondays are, let's look at everything that went well today!

1. I ate a cheeseburger, fries, and diet coke. And my sweet combo came with FREE strawberry ice cream! And as we all know, calories count half on stressful days, and then half again on Mondays. I had cheeseburger/fries/ice cream for one fourth the normal tax on my health.
It was almost like eating a salad... a very juicy, flavorful salad.

2. I operated a lathe all by myself. While this did not make my day less stressful, it does make me feel very accomplished and strong. And I have a feeling you're probably a little bit impressed, InterWebs.



3. Ok - this is yesterday's news, but I discovered the beauty of a soy latte. Caffeine with soy is pretty delish.

All it takes is good food to make me feel better, apparently.

4. I bought this song (that's right...I download my music legally. Mostly because I feel better about it, partially because I don't know where to download it illegally. I'm still a little overwhelmed by the shadier side of the InterWebs).


"And the long walk to never surely takes forever and ever."

5. My parents agreed to take me on Easter vacation. Mostly they don't take me with them on vacations anymore. For the past two summers I was in summer school...which is kind of like vacation...except for all of the schoolwork and not being anywhere cool and not doing anything fun.


PS - would anyone like to pet-sit some adorable rats?

Look at this li'l nugget! He's so sweet!

oh good heavens. i've turned into one of those people.

6. The lab man, Dan, whom I *may* have rolled my eyes and huffed at last week in a moment lacking grace and Christianliness, helped me with stuff. I would like to think we kind of became not enemies today, if not even almost friends.

I wish I had a picture of Dan. That would absolutely make this post. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Encouragement

"You love your God and Savior because He first loved you. The time will come when the character of your love will become changed into one which sees and feels the beauty and perfection of its object; and if you could be assured that He no longer looked on you with favor, you would still cling to Him with devoted affection." 
- E. Prentiss
-bRob

2 comments:

  1. thank you for informing me of that half again on stressful days and Mondays calorie rule! Now I don't feel bad about those peanut butter m&ms I had during my final today, cause apparently they were actually only 60 calories! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yes - and on finals, you get an additional fourth off. 15 calorie m&m's :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...