13.3.11

Technicolor

I can't really art, design, or graphic [or use nouns properly], but occasionally I like to do picture and music and colorful posts. This one is dedicated to the things with which I'm currently enamored.

And because I'm constantly enamoring [so not a word] over something, I imagine this type of post might be a regular sort of post. If you like it, check out my tags at the bottom, and look for the posts tagged technicolor...
Have you ever heard the saying I dream in technicolor? That's why.

via Osiris Navarro
 And in an attempt to stop stealing artistic properties, I'll make sincere efforts to document my sources.

 My Technicolor Enamorations [still not a word]

via nymag


Airstream trailers. Actually, this one is even cooler. Perfect for traveling across the country. With someone awesome. Someone would have to be awesome, I guess, because that adorable trailer is puh-retty small.




This cover by Fiona Apple. So smooth. 


Steve Madden 

This pair of boots. I like to pretend I could wear these with so many outfits, but given shorts season is on its way...that's probably not super true.


via make and takes
Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. The summer I worked in Colorado, I lived in the mountains with a beautiful view. And if you drove eleven miles further up the mountain, you'd drive along a rocky road and pass lush pastures dotted with peaceful cows, tall trees, winding creeks, sweet homes with garden plots, and steep Rockies flashing in your window. Only they wouldn't flash very quickly, because that eleven mile drive took over twenty minutes, as the rocky mountain road [cue John Denver?] was fairly narrow. But once you made it up that eleven miles, you'd find a quiet little grill nestled beside the road. And that grill served the best grilled cheese buffalo burger. Which you could, oddly enough, eat while watching buffalo [ok, just kidding, cows] graze nearby. But the absolute best part was the strawberry-rhubarb pie. Mouthwatering and luscious, if a pie can be called luscious. I haven't had it since, but I crave it on an almost-daily basis.
Backpacking in the Coloradan Wilderness

My cabin and favorite camper

















And on that note...Colorado.







via the heart of the sea home
  Wraparound Porches. Giant wraparound porches on big white houses in the middle of nowhere.



The chorus. This song. Note...NOT this video. This song.

Sadly, this was the first and best in a long series of failed vest shots. Please ignore my big toe, but pay special attention to my first ever Picnik edit. Overall, I'll count it as a win.
This orange vest. I saved it from my brother's Goodwill pile. It is so bright and so rusty-colored and it hardly matches with anything, so of course I like to wear it with everything. I stole it from him last week and wore it four times by Saturday evening.

via All Star Dance Supply


Hip-Hop Dance.  Did you see Mike Chang dancing to Michael Jackson's P.Y.T. in Glee? I loved it. And in all seriousness, I'm starting a bucket list, and "Learn how to hip hop dance to one Michael Jackson song" is on it. The idea is pretty laughable given I hate dancing and have the coordination of a drunken elephant, but that's why it's so cool. What's a bucket list for, if not for achieving the impossible?

Joe Purdy

This man's voice. Any song he sings will do. 


The Library from Beauty and the Beast
  Floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. Endless amounts of literature in a library with arched ceilings...Pantheon style?


Watch the clip. Skip to 43 seconds to avoid pelvic-fives...which make me uncomfortable.

The term InterWebs. JD used the term InterWeb in an episode of Scrubs, which made me melt almost immediately. Even though he forgot the -s.

I like this technicolor thing. Let's do it again real soon, mk?

-bRob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I hit F5 repeatedly until someone comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...